Saturday, January 23, 2010

Holidays: Paraíso

So, I had just an amazing time in Hawai'i. It would take me thousands of words to explain all of it. Instead here are the best pictures.

All the family, together at last.

Hallmark card pose

I spent the majority of the time doing all the fun beach things I missed so badly.




View from our condo


Momma and Dad. On a boat! About to see some whales...

The best photo anyone got! Also saw two Humpback whales breaching at the same time and a ginormous pod of dolphins!

Caroline and Hannah snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Molokini Crater

A picture I would have taken there if my camera were waterproof...

Actually taken at the aquarium next to the port

Stingrays! and sharks

The Road to Hana. So gorgeous

My sister and I. I jumped off that waterfall in the background too

It's a rock, that looks like a thumb.

Hiking in the jungle. Would you believe Hawai'i is home to a very dangerous breed of polar bear? I saw it on TV so it has to be true, right?

Then after an amazing week or so with the family, I had a few days on O'ahu to myself. Surfing at Waikiki beach? check.

There were some really nice girls at the hostel I stayed at. We traveled around quite a bit. Here we are traveling 1.5 hours ...

To PolynesiaLand!!!! AKA the Polynesian Cultural Center, where they show you how different islanders live (or used to, in some cases.)


Samoan Dance
. Look a little hip-hop to anyone else?

My friend Sumner met up with me for a great hike. What a view (pay no attention to that goofy guy in the checked shirt >.<)

The rest of the time was spent relaxing at some of O'ahu's beautiful beaches. This is Kailua Beach.

Waimea beach. My last sunset in Hawai'i.

No comments:

Post a Comment